Capability increased due to decreasing cost of data storage, cpu, and bandwidth.
Demand increased due to large amount of data being generated.
- Demand for talent
- “The future is so bright, Ada would need shades” – Joseph Burton
- Emerging subdisciplines
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Data Visualization Engineer
- Data Journalist
- Big Data Engineer
- Continued reduction in technical learning curve
- Automation around machine learning and data wrangling
- risk of discrimination in “Black Box” models
- machine learning can be used for bad as well as for good